Connect with us

News

Itumbi: I was sacked for refusing to betray DP Ruto

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Former State House digital director Dennis Itumbi claims he fell out with the establishment for allegedly refusing to ‘betray’ deputy president William Ruto.

Itumbi has also spilled the beans on how far a clique of individuals, whom he did not name, was allegedly prepared to ‘completely finish Ruto’.

Itumbi was fired last month after a seven-year stint at the Presidential Strategic Communications Unit (PSCU) and has been closely working with the DP’s camp.

The blogger has since taken to social media to explain what he believes resulted in his unceremonious dismissal.

“A meeting was convened. The aim was to develop a strategy to stop William Ruto from becoming President in 2022,” he explained.

“A few people were told to develop ideas that would inform the strategy. Four points were adopted as the pillars that would drive out Ruto and completely finish him. That is the day I made my decision. I would not be part of the betrayal,” he said.

Ruto increasingly appears sidelined from key decision-making meetings in government and on Sunday hit out at those he accused of rocking Jubilee Party.

Referring to them as ‘conmen and fraudsters,’ the DP termed the move to change some members of the party’s National Management Committee minus his input.

READ ALSO:   Itumbi's new job draws sharp reactions from Kenyans online

By Nairobi News


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Health

Coronavirus-burdened US warns its citizens against travel to Kenya

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

The US government has issued a travel advisory to Kenya, citing an increased risk of contracting Covid-19, this despite the country being among those leading globally with the virus infections.

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in an updated health notice on Wednesday warned American citizens against travelling to Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Burundi.

CDC placed the four nations under Level 4 Alert, meaning there is a very high level of Covid-19 and all non-essential travel should be avoided.

“Travelers should avoid all travel to Kenya. Travel may increase your chance of getting and spreading Covid-19,” said CDC in a notice.

If one must travel to these countries, they must strictly adhere to the health protocols on Covid-19 including wearing masks and keeping six feet distance from other people, CDC added.

“Travel may increase your chance of getting and spreading Covid-19,” stated the US health institute on its website.

“During travel, wear a mask, stay at least six feet from people who are not traveling with you, wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer, and watch your health for signs of illness.”

CDC further urged American travellers to get tested for Covid-19 one to three days before travel and only leave the country after receiving the results.

READ ALSO:   Donald Kipkorir, Dennis Itumbi Twitter spat over New York Times' gory terror photos

Those returning to the US must also undergo testing one to three days earlier and adhere to all Covid-19 regulations.

According to the CDC, a Level 3 Travel Health Notice is the highest risk level and means citizens should strive to avoid all non-essential travel.

A CDC Level 2 Travel Health Notice advises American citizens to practice enhanced precautions while a Level 1 Travel Health Notice advises Americans to practice usual precautions.

The warnings come as US reported its highest number of Covid-19 deaths in a single day on Wednesday with 3,157 new fatalities and more than 273,799 people having died due to the virus and more than 13.9 million infected, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

On Thursday, Kenya registered the highest recoveries on a single day after 11,324 patients were discharged in 24 hours bringing the total number of recoveries to 67,788 since April 1.

Similarly, 1,253 patients tested positive after 10,170 samples were analyzed in the same period.

Kenya’s caseload rose to 86,383 on Thursday out of 911,596 samples analyzed since March.

The Covid-19 death toll also rose to 1,500 after 16 more patients succumbed to the disease.

by NN


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

News

Former Belgut MP Kiptarus Kirior dies

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Former assistant minister for Culture and Social Services Kiptarus Kirior has died.

The former Belgut Member of Parliament died while undergoing treatment at the Nairobi Women’s Hospital on Thursday.

“Mzee passed on at Nairobi Women’s Hospital after a short illness. He had blood pressure and was also diabetic,” said Mr Abraham Kirior, one of the former MP’s sons.

He added, “For the record, he was Covid-19 free according to tests undertaken and released to us at the hospital,”

He served as Belgut MP between 1983 and 1988 before he was beaten by the late Ayub Chepkwony. He, however, made a comeback to the National Assembly between 1992 and 1997.

“Kirior was an astute leader, who had the interest of his constituents at heart as demonstrated by his development track record which spans decades,” said Kericho Governor Paul Chepkwony

Professor Chepkwony said “besides his legislative roles, Kirior was a great farmer who agitated for various reforms in the sugar industry, earning him leadership position in the Kenya Sugar Board and the Kenya Sugar Growers Association,”

Belgut MP Nelson Koech said Kericho residents had lost “a dedicated, down to earth leader who put the interests of the people he led ahead of his own,”

READ ALSO:   Donald Kipkorir, Dennis Itumbi Twitter spat over New York Times' gory terror photos

“It is unfortunate that Mzee Kirior has departed at a time when his wisdom was needed the most by members of his family and the society in general,” said Mr Koech in a statement.

By Nation.africa


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Health

Kericho man who woke up in mortuary dies

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

The man who was taken to the mortuary at Kapkatet Sub County Hospital in Kericho County after being presumed dead, has breathed his last.

Peter Cheruiyot died while being transferred to Kericho County Referral Hospital in an ambulance on Thursday afternoon for specialised treatment.

He was transferred to the mortuary hours after his family rushed him to hospital after collapsing at his home.

Cheplanget Ward Representative Hezborn Tonui confirmed that the man had passed on.

“It is true. He has breathed his last while being transferred to Kericho for further treatment. I am at the homestead condoling with the family,” Mr Tonui told the Nation on telephone.

In an interview with the Nation on Thursday last week, Cheruiyot said it was a miracle he was still alive. He was confident that he would recover and join his family. But that did not come to pass.

 “I am happy to be alive…it is a miracle that I am breathing, talking and I can move my limbs and eat. This is the work of God,” the 32 year old Cheruiyot told the Nation in an interview on Thursday last week.

Cooling chamber

In what generated a lot of reaction in the South Rift region and beyond, the father of four cried out when a mortician attempted to cut an incision on his leg so as to insert preservatives on the body before it could be put in the cooling chamber.

READ ALSO:   Flying Squad descend on Dennis Itumbi over links to DP Ruto 'murder' letter

“I felt an excruciating pain on the leg and screamed my lungs out. It is like I was being burned with a hot iron bar,” said Cheruiyot.

As we conducted the interview, relatives, villagers and curious members of the public jammed the male ward at the hospital to have a glimpse of the man who “rose from the dead”.

“I do not know what happened prior to my being dumped in the mortuary. The next thing I knew after screaming, which I was initially not sure if anyone heard me, is that I was being wheeled to the ward,” said the former matatu tout.

After screaming and catching the attention of the mortician, the patient passed out again and was rushed to the emergency ward where doctors resuscitated him before admission.

When he fainted at Keroncho village in Cheplanget on Tuesday last week, the patient was rushed to hospital by relatives.

At the hospital, he was allegedly left unattended by doctors and nurses at the casualty ward.

“How they (medics) arrived at the conclusion that I had died, leading to my transfer to the mortuary is a matter of conjecture,” said Cheruiyot adding that the fresh wound on the right upper part of the leg which was cut in the morgue was very painful.

READ ALSO:   Reasons why Dennis Itumbi’s hunk lawyer is a ‘Mr Steal Your Girlfriend’!

Interestingly, despite looking frail and at times struggling to speak, he had a razor sharp memory as he could recognise relatives and friends by name.

Family members said that the man had been battling a terminal illness and had been in and out of various hospitals in the region.

Low immunity

Due to his low immunity, he has been admitted to some of the facilities for days for treatment according to medical records seen by the Nation.

“When he fainted at home, we used a Toyota Probox to rush him to hospital where doctors said he had passed on. We were shocked to be told later by the mortuary attendants that he was still alive,” Mr Kevin Kipkirui, the patient’s younger brother, told journalists at the hospital.

Dr Gilbert Cheruiyot, the Medical Superintendent at Kapkatet Sub County Hospital said last week that the patient was taken to the mortuary by his relatives.

“In a breach of protocol, the family members rushed the patient to the mortuary after presuming that he had died,” said Dr Cheruiyot

He said that the matter was under investigations and the gaps that had been detected would be addressed after a report on investigation is tabled.

Members of the Kericho County Assembly on Tuesday absolved medical officers at the hospital of blame after an ad hoc committee on health formed to investigate the matter tabled its report in the House.

READ ALSO:   KIZUNGUMKUTI: Are the dramatic Itumbi, Maribe courtroom "romantic" hugs irritating Jowie?

The committee was chaired by Hezron Ngetich (Chilchila ward), with Ms Ann Tum (nominated) as the vice chairperson while other members are- Paul Chirchir, Gilbert Ngetich, Wangare Njuguna, Emily Kerich, Erick Bii, Humprhey Kirui, Eric Bett and Philip Rono.

by nation.africa


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Special Offer: Own one starting at Ksh 3.7M


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2020 Calendar

satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending