Connect with us

News

Kagwe not flattered by his new nickname ‘Waziri wa Corona’

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe may be the face of Kenya’s fight against coronavirus, but he is not particularly flattered by the nickname ‘Waziri wa Corona’.

Kagwe has been associated with the pandemic ever since the first coronavirus case was reported in Kenya on March 13, 2020.

He has been on the front line in updating the country on new cases and dissemination of government measures aimed at containing the pandemic.

But that said, Kagwe doesn’t understand why some people in the country, especially children, have taken to referring to him as ‘Waziri wa Corona’.

Speaking on Monday during inauguration of advisory committee on supply and utilisation of blood at Afya House, Kagwe said the coronavirus crisis has made people forget his ministry’s other roles.

“I hear now children are calling me ‘Waziri wa Corona’, they are forgetting the other roles of the ministry. It is good to clarify this is the Ministry of Health and not the ministry of coronavirus,” he said amid laughter from the committee members.

DAILY UPDATES

He said that the ministry was carrying out normal activities and must continue with other efforts to conclude reforms to be able to achieve their goals.

READ ALSO:   How mourners from Kibera took virus to Siaya

The CS took over administration at the ministry on February 28, 2020, two weeks before the country recorded her first case of coronavirus.

Since then, almost all updates on Covid-19 have been associated with him.

On other occasions, Health CAS Dr Mercy Mwangangi has held the fort for him and only recently, the other top health official Rashid Aman has also made media appearances at the briefings.

On Monday, Kenya’s Covid-19 cases raised to 363 after eight more people tested positive.

The country also has 114 recoveries and 14 have succumbed to the pandemic.

By NN


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Health

Comedian Flaqo opens up on rare condition he has been battling

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Popular Kenyan comedian, Flaqo born Erastus Ayieko Otieno has for the first time spoken about a rare condition that he has been struggling with for some time.

Turns out that despite the funny man the Kenyan audience and beyond has grown to know as Flaqo Raz, he has his fair share of battles behind the cameras.

Flaqo opens up

The Internet sensation shared a photo showing red, itchy welts like a form of skin reaction on certain parts of his body.

Depending on the reactions, the welts appear and fade repeatedly and vary in size.

The YouTuber shared his condition with fans in the hope that maybe one or two can relate to what he has been going through and maybe work out a solution on the same.

“Anyone with this condition, how do you go about it?” he posed.

Comedian Flaqo rare skin condition

“Sometimes I have to postpone my shoots because they are unbearable. Zangu zilipotea for 6 months straight. Now they are back…” he replied to a fan who shared a similar experience.

Funny enough, soon as he had put up the post, he got so much feedback, with so many individuals able to relate to his skin condition, to his amazement.

READ ALSO:   Mediamax employee tests positive for Covid-19, colleagues asked to self-isolate

“So far: try staying in the sun for a bit, bathe with warm water after taking antihistamines. To understand your condition better, make a point of seeing a dermatologist,” Flaqo shared with fans battling a similar condition, after gathering responses from his fan base.

Wrapping up urging fellow victims to take plenty of water, work out more often and avoid proteins since hives get triggered by things like particular foods, medication and stress.

By Ghafla.com


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

News

REVEALED: How three teenage sisters were impregnated by a shamba boy – police

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Police in Tana River county in Kenya are looking for a shamba boy  (gardener) who fled after allegedly  impregnating all three of his employer’s underage daughters at around the same period.

The girls said the man would often lure them to their farm where he would sexually defile them. One of the sisters confessed to sneaking into the gardener’s room at night.

“I did not know he was having affair with my sisters as well because we didn’t share that part of our lives with each other, as we didn’t trust each other with secrets,” one of the teenagers told Daily Nation.

The further divulged that the man would entice them with gifts such as money and clothes.

“He used to give me pocket money and would sometimes buy me clothes. He was so nice to me. I did not know he was doing the same to my sisters,” another girl said.

Each of the three sisters gave birth to a set of twins at a Garissa hospital on Saturday through a Cesarean Section.

All the three are Class Eight learners and are expected to sit for their Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) examination in March next year.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Just in case you Missed the exposé "Kenyan Covid Millionaires"

On her part, the girls’ mother said she noticed her daughters had new sets of underpants but she did not suspect something was going on between them and the gardener.

“I noticed some funny set of underwear which caught my attention. But my last-born daughter kept saying she had bought them with her pocket money,” the mother explained.

“What I did not understand was why she chose that funny type of underwear,” she said.

She learned of the gardener’s affair with her daughters after she stumbled upon a message on one of the girls’ phone informing the man of the pregnancy.

She then discovered the two were planning to get rid of the pregnancy, prompting her to ambush all her daughters with a pregnancy test the following morning. Two of the girls admitted they were pregnant before the tests.

The shamba boy is said to have fled after learning that the three sisters were all pregnant with his children. Police are still looking for him.

The first-born daughter was expecting triplets but she could only deliver two children safely and without complications.

“They all had slim chances of survival, and that is why we looked for a specialist. But for the girl with the triplets to come out alive, we had to agree with the mother to choose between her daughter and the third infant,” a doctor said.

READ ALSO:   Mediamax employee tests positive for Covid-19, colleagues asked to self-isolate

The three were discharged from the hospital following the operations and are recuperating at home.

 


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Lifestyle

Ciru Muriuki in mourning again, just months after losing her dad

Published

on

Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

The loss of a loved one is a feeling one can never put into words. But losing another person so close to your heart, becomes a tall order.

July 2020, BBC journalist, Angela Wanjiru wa Muriuki alias Ciru Muriuki lost her dad to COVID-19. A man she dearly honored, loved and cherished.

A man she still misses more than words can say; a man who would have turned 72 years on October 10, were he still alive.

Pain and agony that she wonders how long it will last.

Amid COVID-19 and strict health measures put in place, her dads send-off left a different mark in her life.

“Heh. Losing a father. Nothing prepares you for the pain. Nothing. I wonder if I’ll feel this agony forever. My father’s funeral was the worst experience of our lives.”

Remember, Ciru also contracted the virus and had to mourn her late dad in almost complete solitude.

I cannot think of anything worse,” she tweeted.

Another loss

It has been barely 4 months that the celebrated media personality was allowed to mourn her loss, and death has stricken once more.

Taking to her Twitter, the broadcast journalist mourned the loss of a beloved mother, a grand mum and an aunt – her fathers sister.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: Coronavirus cases jump to 25

Messages of condolences continue to flow in from fellow personalities, friends and fans as they comfort a dear Ciru, having to bear 2 consecutive losses amid a pandemic.

May their souls rest in eternal peace!

By Ghafla.com


Spread the love by sharing this post with family and friends
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Special Offer: Own one starting at Ksh 3.7M


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2020 Calendar

satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending