Connect with us

News

Ken Walibora’s mother recounts last conversation with late son

Published

on

A heartbroken Ken Walibora’s mother has relived the words and the promises that her late son had promised her just two weeks to his demise.

She said the author had pledged to renovate her compound by fencing, carrying out some farm work and also installing electricity.

Don't worry, I'll be home: Ken Walibora's mother recounts last conversation with late sonWalibora’s mother said her son always helped her out when she got stuck financially. Photo: UGC.

In a video, the distraught mother said Walibora had been such a helpful son to her and anytime she ran out of money, her beloved son would swiftly send her some cash.

“Two weeks ago he called me and told me ‘mum I want to come and do some work at home’.

“There was a gate he wanted to raise, a fence which he had said he would put after the coronavirus pandemic,” she said.

Don't worry, I'll be home: Ken Walibora's mother recounts last conversation with late sonWalibora had promised to renovate her mother’s compound. Photo: Daily Nation.
Source: UGC

The woman is still struggling to come to terms with the loss of the novelist adding she did not believe it until she received calls bearing the bad news.

“I woke up in the morning and did my normal business then I received calls that Ken had been involved in an accident, though some people told me he had improved.

” When I switched on the TV at around 10am, I got the news of his death,” she narrated.

A cousin to the deceased who wished not to be mentioned said some family members had gone to visit him over the weekend at his house in Lavington but were told he left on Friday, April 10, and had not returned.

READ ALSO:   Autopsy reveals Ken Walibora had deep knife cuts & two missing teeth

Walibora was found dead at the KNH morgue after he was reportedly knocked down by a rogue matatu on Landhies road, Nairobi.

By Tuko.co.ke

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Mwana FA, Babu Tale win parliamentary seats

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

Diamond Platnumz’s manager Shaban Tale Tale a.k.a Babu Tale and bongo Flava artiste Hamis Mwinjuma aka Mwana FA are the newest celebrity Members of Parliament in Tanzania.

Babu Tale was declared the new Morogoro South East constituency legislator after he went unopposed while Mwana FA was declared the new Muheza constituency legislator.

Babu Tale became the CCM flagbearer after he beat Tanzania’s assistant Agricultural minister Omary Mgumbe, who was the incumbent to clinch the CCM ticket.

Mwana FA, who was vying on the ruling CCM party ticket, floored the opposition Chadema candidate Yosepher Komba, who garnered 12,034 against 47,578 votes.

In August 2020, Mwana FA was among the few lucky CCM members who successfully sought the party’s approval from a pool of 10,367 candidates facing off for 264 parliamentary seats.

READ ALSO:   Police pursue dispute angle in Walibora’s death
Continue Reading

Immigration News

John Magufuli wins second term as Tanzania’s president amid rigging claims

Published

on

Tanzania’s President John Pombe Magufuli has been re-elected for the second term, the country’s National Electoral Commission has announced.

In the results announced by National Electoral Commission chairman Judge Semitocles Kaijage in Dar es salaam on Friday, President Magufuli emerged the winner with 12,516, 252 of the total votes cast in the polls held on October 28.

His closest contender Tundu Lisu garnered 1,933,271 of the total voted cast.

President Magufuli will be awarded the winner’s certificate on November 1 in Dodoma at the National Electoral Commission’s headquarters. With the landslide victory in the October 28 polls, the president will go into his second term after improving his 2015 victory margin by 3,633,317 votes.

In 2015, he won the presidential poll by 58.46 percent of the total votes cast after garnering 882935 votes. He beat his closest challenger Edward Lowassa who garnered 6,072,848 votes.

On Thursday, Tanzania’s main opposition presidential candidate Lissu rejected the results of the vote, terming it a fraud.

At a press conference in Dar es Salaam, Lissu, who ran on the Chama Cha Demokrasia na Maendeleo (Chadema), said the figures being announced by the National Electoral Commission could not be verified.

“We do not recognise what happened yesterday (Wednesday) … because it was marred by irregularities in all stages.

READ ALSO:   Autopsy reveals Ken Walibora had deep knife cuts & two missing teeth

Lissu said his party would not accept any results from the polls and called on the masses to “take the matter in their own hands” by engaging in peaceful demonstrations.

Preliminary results showed incumbent John Magufuli was ahead of the pack as stations kept sending in their data. In some stations, Magufuli got nearly five times the vote compared to the total garnered by all the other 14 presidential contenders.

But Chadema and several other opposition politicians said the vote had been rigged in favour of the ruling Chama Cha Mapinduzi.

Zitto Kabwe, the party leader of ACT-Wazalendo, another opposition party, said the elections had confirmed Tanzania’s growth into a dictatorship.

Continue Reading

News

Jalang’o dismisses favoritism claims raised against Kiss FM  

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

Media Personality Jalang’o has been forced to intervene after Parroty Vunulu of the famous Gengetone Group Wanati accused his employer Kiss 100 of denying them an interview.

According to Jalang’o, the contact person for the Lewa hit-makers had only booked one person for the interview and that’s Mejja but unfortunately they showed up at Kiss 100 studios without him.

He added that, following Mejja’s absence, the Kiss 100 crew requested to have one person interviewed from the Group due to Covid-19 restrictions but they refused.

“Parroty Vunulu buda wewe pia utawacha hizoo…your booking them booked only Mejja not you and the team…Nyinyi kufika Kiss Mukambiwa tunaexpect Mejja..mkasema hayuko.

“Mkaambiwa basi mtu moja aiingie juu ya Covid rules za Kiss, 1 Guest…mkasema kama hamuingii wote interview ikae…sasa unaenda kutukanana wacha hizo” said Jalang’o.

On Thursday, the upcoming Gengetone Rapper had accused Kiss 100 of favoritism after their planed interview at Radio station failed to go down.

“I can’t believe our Kenyan media are still discriminating 254 Artists. Just imagine @Kiss100Kenya called us for a radio interview today 8.45am only to get there with @itskabagazi and @oneby_01 and the Producer told us that they only want @mejjagenge ati sisi hawatutambui. Very disappointed by Kiss Fm. Kidole cha Kati,” said Parroty Vunulu.

READ ALSO:   Detectives seek call data in Walibora death probe
Continue Reading


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2020 Calendar

satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending