Connect with us

Health

Coronavirus shocker: Health ministry can’t trace 140 positive people

Published

on

The government on Friday gave a shock admission that it was unable to trace 140 people who have tested positive for Covid-19.

Health Director-General Patrick Amoth lamented that the 140 who tested positive in the ongoing mass testing had given wrong contact information.

“This is a critical group of people who gave us wrong contacts and eventually the long arm of the law will catch up with them,” Dr Amoth said.

However, he did not divulge where they are located or when they were tested.

He added that at the same time, 130 positive cases were being managed from home with follow-up from the health workers.

This comes just days after the government said it had been left frustrated by individuals who gave false personal details while testing for Covid-19.

Giving wrong contact details

Health chief administrative secretary Rashid Aman said some people were deliberately giving wrong contact details and can therefore not be traced after the tests.

Dr Aman emphasised on the importance of giving correct information to assist in contact tracing.

“We have noted a disturbing behaviour and a dangerous one at that. It pertains to persons giving false contacts during targeted testing. We have talked about this in the last two briefings and I want to reiterate that it is important to give accurate information. Because it is only through this contact tracing is possible,” Dr Aman said.

READ ALSO:   Articulate Kagwe excites Kenyans

“Providing wrong information means such individuals are continuing to spread the virus to their loved ones, friends and the community.”

On Thursday, Health CS Mutahi Kagwe warned Covid-19 patients not to engage in a cat and mouse chase with the government, after being put in isolation.

The CS was responding to claims that a man in Thika seen to have been exhibiting Covid-19 like symptoms is at large.

The Health CS challenged all Kenyans to be their brother’s keepers and report anyone who is sick and could be having coronavirus and refusing to get help.

“Serikali iko na mkono mrefu itakutafuta tuu pale ulipo kwa hivyo wewe rudi, nenda kea daktari, nenda isolation and you will be fine and we will pray for you even if you are a sinner,” Mr Kagwe explained.

BY NN

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Health

Shock as beloved young Kenyan doctor dies of Coronavirus

Published

on

Doctors around the country are mourning the death of Dr Adisa Lugaliki who succumbed to Covid-19. The news was shared by Dr Mercy Korir who described the deceased as a hardworking doctor who still had so much to offer.

“We have lost one of our own as a doctors’ fraternity to Covid-19. A young doctor with so much to offer,” tweeted Dr Korir.

The Kenya Medical Practitioners, Pharmacists and Dentists Union also sent a condolence message to the family of Dr Lugaliki, who served as an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist at The Nairobi South Hospital.

“We have lost a hard-working obstetrician/gynecologist, a mother, a friend and a colleague to the devastating effects of Covid-19.

“Our condolences to the family and friends of Dr. Doreen Lugaliki,” wrote KMPDU.

Online, many recalled their interactions with the deceased and lauded her for her professionalism and dedication to the medical profession.

The late Dr Adisa Lugaliki

Despite the risks involved, health workers have continued to give their all in the fight against Coronavirus, constantly asking the government to provide enough PPEs as they discharge their duties.

On Thursday, the Ministry of Health announced 447 new COVID-19 cases after testing 3,803 samples bringing the national tally to 8,975.

This is the largest number of confirmed cases in a day since the first case was reported in the country.

READ ALSO:   Njugush's son Tugi leaves netizens in stitches after perfectly imitating Mutahi Kagwe

While speaking in Mombasa County, Health CS Mutahi Kagwe said a total of 64 patients were discharged bringing the total number of recoveries to 2,657.

Four more people also succumbed to the disease bringing the death toll to 173.

Kagwe said since the cessation of movement was lifted three days ago, the government has been focusing on county preparedness to fight the curb of COVID-19.

He urged county governors who had not reached the maximum of 300 beds as proposed by the Ministry of health to do so.

-Standard.co.ke

Continue Reading

Health

Ohangla musician Lady Maureen dies

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

Celelbrated Ohangla musician Maureen Achieng, alias Lady Maureen is dead.

The musician passed on at 3:21am at her cousin’s place in Uriri constituency, Migori county.

Bella Akinyi, the cousin, confirmed the death over the phone.

“She was undergoing home-based care after being discharged at Pastor Machage hospital in Migori town, she has passed on,” she said.

Maureen was born on November 22, 1984 at Seme Kombewa village and has produced several popular songs, mostly singing about key politicians in Nyanza region.

Prior to Maureen’s demise, rumours about her health had circulated on social media, making the musician record a video confirming she was alive.

READ ALSO:   Meet CS Kagwe's wife who is President Uhuru Kenyatta's advisor
Continue Reading

Education

17 people at the elite St Andrew’s School Turi test positive for Covid-19

Published

on

At least 17 learners and teachers at St Andrew’s Turi, in Molo, have tested positive for Covid-19. Among those who have tested positive for the virus are eight children and nine adults.

According to the health official, the patients were expected to fly out of the country via repatriation plane.

The 17 are part of a group that has been in the school since March 13, when the country reported its first case of Coronavirus. The travel restriction had forced them to stay behind but when President Uhuru Kenyatta lifted the restrictions on Monday, the group comprising mostly of family members living in the UK, but studying and working at the institution decided to make travel arrangement back home.

However, according to authorities most of them who tested positive were asymptomatic –with their ages ranging between one-year-old and 46.

The school admits both local and international pupils and students.  Nakuru county public health chief officer Samuel King’ori confirmed the incident and revealed that most of pupils and students were scheduled to travel back home in Britain today.

It was as a result of the travel regulation requiring each person leaving the country to test for Covid-19 and be declared negative that it was discovered they are positive.The tests were carried out by a private laboratory ahead of the travel that was scheduled for today. “All patients who have tested positive have been isolated at the institution as we begin contact tracing,” King’ori .

READ ALSO:   Articulate Kagwe excites Kenyans

By Standard.co.ke

Continue Reading


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2019 Calendar

satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!