Connect with us

Entertainment

Sh100 million Uhuru promised Kenyan musicians and actors is not for free

Published

on

Kenyans in the creative industry will have to work for Sh100 million that was promised to them last month by President Uhuru Kenyatta, the government has announced.

Cabinet Secretary for Sports, Heritage and Culture Ambassador Amina Mohamed while launching the Artist and Musician Stimulus Program at Kenya National Theater on Monday, said the money is not a reservoir of free funds, but a provision to educate, innovate, sustain and improve our output as a sector.

NURTURE TALENT

She said the objective was to continue developing and nurturing talent to ensure that the sector remains a significant contributor to our economy post-Covid-19.

“This campaign will use entertainment to centralise three crucial aspects of our society: the importance of new avenues for work, creative community education and sustained mental well-being for all Kenyans during this period,” Mohamed said.

According to the CS, artistes from different creative sectors will be required to produce works that entertain and educate Kenyans and the world on the safety and health precautions to stop the spread of Covid-19.

These artistic productions will be carried through various assets set up by the Ministry of Sports, Culture and Heritage such as “KULTURE TV” and other collaborative media outlets.

This project will supplement government’s efforts in combating Covid-19 and its effects by engaging and mobilizing the cultural and creative artists in strategic messaging on behaviour change to flatten the coronavirus transmission curve.

This is in line with the guidelines set by the Ministry of Health and the World Health Organization.

CUSHIONING ARTISTES

The CS said that artistes will also carry messaging to encourage mental well-being and influence positive behaviour to address the increased cases of domestic violence and other social issues.

It is estimated that the program will directly benefit over 20,000 musicians, actors and artistes from all 47 Counties and over 80,000 additional persons from the beneficiaries’ households, 30 percent of whom being vulnerable groups and persons living with disabilities.

These projects will take 3 months starting from May to July 2020 with various government agencies tasked to roll out and supervise the implementation of the Programme coordinated by the administrative arm of the ministry with direct reports to the Cabinet Secretary for Sports, Culture and Heritage and Cabinet Secretary for Information, Communication, Technology and Youth.

Last month during a presidential address, President Kenyatta said that in a bid to empower the youth and forester sustainable livelihoods, local artistes will get a chunk of Sh100 million every month.

President Kenyatta said the Sh100 million fund will allow artistes, actors and musicians to continue entertaining the public through TV, radio and the internet.

Coronavirus and the resultant curfew in Kenya has hit those working in the creative industry in the country hard with productions almost grinding to a halt.

Production have been adversely impacted across many countries in the continent and most have either been slowed down or ground to a complete halt.

By Nairobi News

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

‘I have no access to you,’ Frankie pens emotional letter to son, says he’s barred from seeing his kids

Published

on

Fitness coach Frankie Kiarie has penned a touching letter to his firstborn son Lexi with Maureen Waititu.

The father of two showered his son with love and narrating how he brought so much joy to his life.

To My Son,

When you came into this world, you brought a love so pure I had never before experienced. When you spoke your first word, walked your first steps, I became your biggest fan. With every milestone you reached, I reveled in joy. You taught me the meaning of love — true, unconditional love.

As you continue to grow, you will live your own life. You will have times of happiness and times of disappointment. You will fall in love, and you will have your heart broken. Life has its ups and downs and is not always fair, but I know your strength and resilience will see you through.

May you always know your worth and how incredibly precious you are! As your Papa, it is my privilege to impart these important truths to you.

Frankie went ahead to reveal that he hasn’t seen his kids for a while now because he has no access to them.

‘Since I have no access to you, I’ll pass these words on and hope they find you. Be true to yourself always. Live your own dreams. Don’t take life so seriously. And, last but certainly not least, Know that I love you and will always be there for you. No matter what, I’ve got your back. You are my son and always will be. Happy Birthday Lexi,’ he wrote.

A few weeks ago, Mpasho.co.ke reached out to Maureen Waititu to respond to claims that she had barred Frankie from seeing their kids she denied.

‘I HAVE NOT BARRED HIM [FRANKIE] FROM SEEING HIS KIDS.  MY LAWYER CONTACTED HIM THROUGH A LETTER FOR A ROUND TABLE MEDIATION TO COME UP WITH A STRUCTURE AND ORDER ON HOW TO RAISE THE KIDS BUT HE MADE IT VERY CLEAR HE HAS NO OBLIGATION TO RESPOND TO THAT.’ she said.

By Mpasho.co.ke

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Varshita actress Eve D’Souza says ‘I Do’ in all-white private affair

Published

on

Popular Kenyan actress, Eve DSouza known for her mark on Auntie Boss and Varshita, has tied the knot in a stunning private white wedding.

The beauty got engaged to her Prince Charming Simon Anderson back in December 2019, in a beautiful surprise event while in Goa, India, by the beach side.

What they termed “the start of a beautiful journey” has now blossomed into a breathtaking milestone as the lovebirds officially said ‘I Do’ over the weekend.

Eve DSouza ties the knot

In an undisclosed location and an event graced only by close friends and family, an excited Eve, known never to take life seriously – going by her comical theatrics, sweetly captioned “Married 16.10.2020 ❤❤”.

Eve D’Souza ties the knot with long-time boyfriend

It has been all Congratulations to the newly weds. Fans unable to express their joy and envy as the beautiful 41-year old finally gets a chance at marriage.

The ravishing media personality clad in an open sparkling white wedding gown. With her dearly beloved opting for a crisp navy blue suit coupled with a wine-colored tie to complement his beauty.

Eve D’Souza ties the knot with long-time boyfriend

It was not until December 2018, that the gorgeous light-skin beauty introduced her man to the public for the first time. A dear Simon Anderson who had proven to be the final answer to her dear heart.

Have a look at more photos of the star-struck couple.

Eve D’Souza off the market

Actress Eve D´Souza and her Prince Charming

Film star Eve D’Souza and long-time boyfriend, Simon wed

by Ghafla.com

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Mwalimu Rachel speaks after Sailors Gang drag her into yet another money scandal

Published

on

Radio presenter Mwalimu has not been having an easy time with the Sailors Gang gang especially now that there is beef. This comes as a big surprise considering the fact that she discovered the boys; back when Gengetone had just become a thing in the entertainment industry.

A few months later, the presenter and Sailors Gang gang apparently can’t see eye to eye due to a few reasons here and there. The whole drama however started after Mwalimu Rachel was accused of squeezing one of Sailors gang friend’s balls.

Sailors Gang preforming

Yes, this was more than drama but a real case that saw the presenter present her self in court for the hearing. Since then, nothing has been the same between the former manager and the Gengetone artists.

Accused of refusing with their YouTube logins

Well, this past weekend rumor spread around claiming that Mwalimu Rachel had refused to hand over Sailors Gang Gang Youtube channel. According to reports, the presenter asked for Ksh1.5 million in order for her to grant them access; now that they are under the Blackmarket record.

She tweeted;

Smart ladies run businesses. Not their mouths. Nawapemda wote! I shall address the nation later my loves. Mimi sikimbilii maneno. Kwa sasa tuchape kazi.

The presenter went on to add;

Put emotions to the side when running business.

Mwalimu Rachel speaks

Of course, this makes the NRG presenter look selfish and greedy; but after coming across her latest Tweets, we also understand that this was more of a business for her.

Having the boys walk out on her with no agreement – might be the reason why they now feel that she is taking advantage of the situation. However, truth is one way or another both parties will have to benefit if they decide to head to court.

By Ghafla.com

Continue Reading


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2020 Calendar

satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!