Connect with us


‘Humanity is still alive’ – ex-TPF star Alvan Gatitu says on Kenyans support



Former Tusker project fame participant Alvan Gatitu has thanked Kenyans for coming to his aid, during a difficult moment in his life.

This was after he shared a video of himself narrating how he had been kicked out of his house.

Taking to his social media account Alvan wrote,

‘when you start your day one way and end up in a different place.

Thankful from the bottom of my heart, God bless you.

Humanity is still alive.’

Speaking during an interview on NTV Alvan said he has fought anxiety attacks before.

‘I have suffered anxiety attacks before.

One thing I promised myself is that I would never be vulnerable enough to speak about where I am in life.

I was trying to hold a fallacy that was hurting me.’

Alvan added,

‘When I woke up in that guard’s booth,I knew I was done trying to  show that am alright.

I had reached out for help and nothing was coming through.

I decided to speak the reality of my situation.’

Kenyans heard his cries and contributed towards his welfare.

It was once again a chance for Kenyans to prove that umoja ni nguvu.

Truth be told, many people are suffering it’s just that they do not have the guts to share like Alvan did.

READ ALSO:   ‘I went through hell and high water!’ Ex-TPF star Linda Muthama speaks out

It’s a high time people normalized the idea of speaking out and sharing their problems.

Usikubali kufa na shida peke yaki, ongea,usikike.


Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


How Kenyan family stole billions in the US



When in November last year, the National Police Service said it had received information from Interpol that some Kenyans were wanted in the US for alleged fraud offence, one of the names released was that of Edwin Sila Nyumu, a man who had been on the run.

Nyumu and his family were behind a US based crime syndicate that launched  hundreds of millions of dollars in the country but managed to escape the FB dragnet to hide in Mlolongo Machakos.

In total, the family members are believed to have stolen more than Kshs.2 billion in a tax fraud, the Nation has established. It is one of the biggest cyber-crime heists in the blossoming industry.

The Daily Nation reports that how this Kenyan family laid a scamming web and managed to bilk millions of dollars and send them to Kenya without raising an alarm has always petrified the investigators.

TheDaily Nation reports that for 12 years, since his name first appeared on the Interpol list, Nyumu oiled the palms of all those who his identity and the Nation was informed he was a cash cow of police officers, until the money ran out last year.

By then, and after 12 years, he could no longer be charged with fraud since the federal crimes have a statute limitations which protects the people from being harassed and having to constantly defend themselves from old charges.

READ ALSO:   ‘I went through hell and high water!’ Ex-TPF star Linda Muthama speaks out

Record indicate that on November 6 last year, Corporal general Kamwaro swore an affidavit seeking a fresh order to arrest Nyumu.

Kamwaro said Nairobi Interpol office has contacted the US Nationla Central Bureau Interpol to forward extradition documents against the suspect.

By Daily Nation

Continue Reading


I’m dying inside



Victor* (name withheld) had never imagined that he would one day be called “valueless and useless”.
At least not by the woman he dearly loved, and someone he thought would stand by him through thick and thin.

The Covid-19 pandemic has, however, put that love to test. And he now realises how “valueless and useless” he is perceived by the woman he married eight years ago. Reason? He is unable to provide for his family after losing his job.

The society has unilaterally shouldered men with the burden of being the breadwinners even when the economic paradigms continue to shift with most of them losing jobs.

The gendered responsibilities clashing with the realities of financial ability and love becoming the least determining factor for a cohesive co-existence in the family. This is Victor’s case.


Before the pandemic, the 39-year-old, who lives with in Kambi Muru in Kibra, was a happy man with his wife and three children. He met his family’s needs as he worked as a construction foreman earning a daily wage of Sh2,000.

Then things suddenly changed soon after the Ministry of Health announced the first positive Covid-19 case.
A week after the announcement, he lost his job. He was attached to a church construction project in Nairobi and the management stopped the project citing financial constraints.

READ ALSO:   ‘I went through hell and high water!’ Ex-TPF star Linda Muthama speaks out

He informed his wife, a casual domestic worker, of his job loss. Unlike him, her income stream has remained steady as she still gets the laundry and cleaning jobs, he says.

They talked about their financial status and agreed to adjust their expenditures. Two weeks down the line, life took a different shape.


“Anything I told or asked her attracted a rude response. I wondered “What is going on? She has never disrespected me this way before!”

This was the beginning of psychological abuse that she continues to mete out on him.
He says she flirts with men on phone in his presence; denies him food on grounds that he has failed to provide for his family, and scolds him.

“Words cannot explain how hurt I am. I am suffering in silence. What can I do? I can’t meet her needs like before,” he narrates.

The wife, he says, blames him for failure to secure another job with a wage higher or equivalent to his previous pay.


Occasionally, he gets water vending or luggage pull cart jobs where he makes between Sh200 and Sh500 daily wage.

“She says she finds me to be a useless man as she cannot understand why other men have managed to secure jobs at alternative construction sites yet I have not,” he says.

READ ALSO:   ‘I went through hell and high water!’ Ex-TPF star Linda Muthama speaks out

“Whenever I try to explain myself, she insults me in front of my children. I am so tormented.”
The torment has extended to her wishing him death, a desire she declares in the presence of their children.

She has equally levelled threats of scalding him with hot water and stabbing him to death as “he is valueless and useless.”

To avoid unnecessary conflicts, Victor says he leaves the house by 6.30am without breakfast and returns after 7pm.

“These days, I know breakfast is just for the children. I can’t dare to ask,” he says.
“It feels like I am suffocating whenever it’s time to head back home and I have absolutely nothing to take home.”


In June, Victor had reached the end of his tether. He wanted to revenge by killing her and the children.

Luckily, while on his way to Yaya Centre to look for a job, he stumbled on a group of men along Ngong’ Road reading an article on the Daily Nation. It was about a hotline – 1196 free for men undergoing Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV).

“I decided to call. The counsellors have really helped me deal with the tension within. Whenever I feel like I am losing it, I call for counselling,” he says.

READ ALSO:   ‘I went through hell and high water!’ Ex-TPF star Linda Muthama speaks out

He says, he takes courage in the fact that he is not alone and someone somewhere cares for him.

However, how to find a new lease of life is the puzzle he wishes he could unravel in this minute.

“I am dying inside. All I want is a job to start a new life away from her.”


Continue Reading


‘They put my dead baby in a box, asked if i’d carry it home,’ Zeddy narrates



Churchill comedienne Zeddy Zainabu has narrated how she found out that her child was stillborn after she delivered, something that shook her.

Speaking during an interview with Grace Msalame, Zeddy narrated,

‘I was expectant with my second born and everything was going on well till I felt it was time for my delivery.

I decided to go to the nearest private hospital so they referred me to Kiambu.

When I reached Kiambu hospital I was given a leso to lie down as the beds were full so I asked my husband to come pick me up and we went to Pumwani.’

Zeddy was taken to the delivery room but she was not ready for the horror that awaited her.

‘Upon reaching there I was taken directly to the delivery room.

When the baby was born, hakulia and I saw them looking at each other.

The doctor then took the baby and put him in a box and then using his foot pushed it towards the nurse.

He then asked me ‘mtabeba mwende nayo nyumbani?’

Shocked and confused Zeddy decided to ask a nurse what was happening but the nurse was so rude.

‘I asked my nurse what had happened to my baby and she responded ‘unatuuliza na wewe ndio umebeba huyu mtoto miezi tisa.

we ndio unaeza tuambia nini ilimfanyikia.

She was so rude so they never explained what happened. Upto date I never knew what transpired.

It was painful coming out of the ward with nothing.

My husband told me it was God’s plan and that we should let it go.’

After being taken back to the ward to recover Zeddy said that other mothers started treating her with suspicion.

‘I was hurt because I was put in the same ward with women who had their babies.

I would watch mothers nursing and bonding with their babies

One would be looked down upon with other mothers thinking that you would steal their babies.

If you were sitting between two mothers with babies and one wanted to go shower or to the loo they would not leave their baby with you.’

Her family would come to visit her but that did nothing to calm her sorrow.

‘My family would visit me but when I went home and that is when reality set in.

People would come asking me what gender the baby was without knowing the baby had died.

If the baby had been a boy I would have named him after my dad. I would ask God why me because my neighbour had a four month baby.

I started getting stressed so I gave out the shopping to other expectant mothers but they refused.

They said that taking the shopping might bring them bad luck and their babies might die.’

On what her lowest moment was Zeddy narrated,

‘I stayed in the house for months, My husband would go to work and he never bothered much.

It was hard to know if he was affected because he acted normal when he was at home.

There was a drunk friend of mine who would knock and demand I open the door.

He would ask me ‘Are you going to kill yourself because your child died?’

It’s then that he made me go out normally, he would even ask me to bring out my laundry we wash together.

We would go together to the market, he made me come out of my ‘cage’.

Sadly he died last year.’

Zeddy is now a proud mother of three.

READ ALSO:   ‘I went through hell and high water!’ Ex-TPF star Linda Muthama speaks out


Continue Reading


error: Content is protected !!