Connect with us


Savage! Kenyans brutally unearth Robert Burale’s “shady past over false Covid-19 claims”



Netizens are not giving controversial city pastor, Robert Burale a break barely days after he tested positive for the lethal Coronavirus.

Burale just yesterday opened up about spending days in Nairobi Hospital after his health threatened his life following breathing problems he suffered recently.


Before revealing he is in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) to help stabilize his condition and see him through quick recovery but Kenyans are not buying that.

Robert Burale battling Coronavirus

The counter

The father of one just graced an interview with Radio Jambo’s Massawe Japanni and this only opened doors for Kenyans to counterattack him with all manner of accusations. Before going further to unearth his deceptive ways.

According to, popular actress, Nini Wacera was quick to reveal how Burale conned her a good KSh 250,000 and for this, she will never trust the guy.

Robert Burale

Pastor Robert Burale

What irked Kenyans most was a picture of Burale reportedly in the ICU but donning a cap and glasses which only fueled the falsity of his Coronavirus claims.

His message being:

I beg you, don’t get to a place that you have to buy oxygen. My oxygen levels are getting better but guys please stay safe. God bless you. Pray for one another. Wacha mimi nipambane na hali yangu, one day I know I will give my testimony.

The Backlash

The pastor was labeled all sorts of names with Kenyans disbelieving of how such a grown man would take advantage of the dire situation to con masses. Unfortunately, they turned out to be too bright for him.

READ ALSO:   Robert Burale reveals what has helped him abstain from sexual activity for five long years

By Ghafla

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


MIRACLE: How Victoria Mugo, a Kenyan woman in US lost both her hands and legs [VIDEO]



A Kenyan woman from Aurora, Colorado, is a quadruple amputee. She lost her hands and her legs when pneumonia led to septic shock.

But Victoria Mugo , a mother of 1, is grateful to be alive.

Each year, more than 250,000 Americans die as a result of sepsis. The key is catching and treating it early.

Victoria is a celebrity of sorts at The Medical Center of Aurora (TMCA). The medical staff considers her a miracle.

For months, Victoria was in the ICU there. She lost both hands and both legs. Yet, on Monday, she came back to say “Thanks.”



“Because I’m grateful for life,” she told CBS4 Health Specialist Kathy Walsh.

“You don’t get any sicker than Victoria was,” explained Carolyn Golas, Sepsis Coordinator at TMCA.

On Jan. 9, Victoria was rushed to the ER with pneumonia. Within hours she was in septic shock, a toxic response to the infection.

Victoria Mugo

“She had about an 80% chance that she would not survive,” said Golas.

Victoria was put in a coma and on life support. Blood flow to her extremities slowed down. When the 38-year-old mother woke up, her hands and legs were dying.

“I could just snap them and not feel anything,” she said.

READ ALSO:   ‘My addiction with strippers left me in debts worth millions,’ Robert Burale

All four were amputated.

“I am not sitting in a corner feeling sorry for myself because I don’t have my arms or my legs, I’m walking now (on prosthetic legs),” Victoria said.

Victoria’s faith in God is her strength.

“He got me through it. He is the one who has brought me this far,” she said.

She said she has what matters most, her son, Alexander, and the rest of her loving family.

Her smile is a smile of gratitude. Her fighting spirit is fueled by faith.

HCA Healthcare patient Victoria Mugo, pictured with son Alexander, prior to her sepsis hospitalization

Facts about sepsis from TMCA:

  • Sepsis is one of the leading causes of death in the U.S. killing more than 250,000 patients per year.
  • In Colorado nearly 12,000 people will be diagnosed each year and nearly 3,000 will not survive.
  • Patients with septic shock have a mortality (death) rate of about 50-60%.
  • Once you have had severe sepsis you are at a greater risk of it reoccurring.
  • For more information you can go to the Sepsis Alliance at


Continue Reading


I kept in touch with my kids on Zoom while in isolation



Not even being locked down in her bedroom after she tested positive for Covid-19 would stop Dr Amakove Wala from interacting with her children. She shares with us her journey as well as breaking stigma

When Dr Amakove Wala, a health expert, began experiencing chills and fever, she attributed it to fatigue and stress she had been going through having lost a close friend and colleague Dr Adisa Lugaliki, to Covid-19. So, she slept, hoping to feel better, but when she woke up the following morning, nothing had changed.

“I remember being in a meeting and at around 11am, I couldn’t concentrate and had to leave. I took some painkillers, slept but never got better. It was only when I received a phone call from a friend whom I had come into contact with and had tested positive for Covid-19 that I knew things were serious and I had to get tested,” narrates Dr Wala.

Two days later on July 22 this year, Dr Wala tested positive for Covid-19. She opted for home-based care because she had mild symptoms. However, one thing that she was worried about was the well-being of her four children; her son aged 12, and her triplets who are 10 years. She was also worried about the impact that this news would have to those around her.

“When I broke the news to my children, they were scared that I was going to die. I reassured them that I had mild symptoms and emphasised the need for isolation,” she narrates.

Dr Amakove Wala’s four children looked forward to interacting with her via Zoom.

The first day of isolation was tough on her since on a normal day, every night before her children go to sleep, they would hang out in her bed, discussing the day’s events. Now with her having Covid-19 and being locked-up in her bedroom, Dr Wala had to take their pre bedtime ritual to Zoom. Being a close-knit family that love close contact, this has been one of the toughest moments for her.

READ ALSO:   VIDEO: I haven't had sex for over 5 years, says Robert Burale as Kenyans react

“The time I catch-up with my children is one of my special moments. I assure them of their safety and mine, and every day we talk about their feelings. I update them on my progress and emphasise on the small wins,” she adds.

Another bonding activity that she misses is cycling and watching movies with them.

Dr Amakove Wala.

However, since her children are older and independent, Dr Wala doesn’t worry much about them taking care of themselves. In addition, she has an able nanny who attends to her and stills run the house.

First, her meals are served at the door and her house manager knocks to alert her. Once Dr Wala is done, her house manager, picks the utensils, while wearing protective clothes and washes them separately. Her meals comprise of a lot of fruits and home-made concoctions that have ginger, lemon and honey. She also supplements on Zinc and Vitamin C and takes antibiotics and when in pain, painkillers.

Her laundry too is done separately. Luckily, the mother of four has a washing machine, which makes work easier for her house manager as she uses gloves to throw them in the machine.

Supportive family, friends

“You become a pariah to society. You can’t even interact closely with your own family members. Your personal items are treated with the highest level of sanitation. Everything is disinfected. Man, this is tough and I think not practical for many families that are not able to afford this level of isolation,” she narrates.

READ ALSO:   Pastor Burale responds to ex-wife’s comments over their divorce

Despite the loneliness, Dr Wala is thankful for having supportive family and friends who send her a lot of tips on how to beat the loneliness, what to eat and drink, how to keep fit and also check on her children as she isolates.

In addition, she also has a smaller circle of friends who are also on a home-based- care regime and they exchange notes every now and then on what to do. But one thing that she has had to minimise is her social media use.

Coming out

“I was getting burn-out. There is an information overload if one doesn’t watch out. Many people intend well, but I got bogged down by the many forwards on recipes and prayer chains. I like a certain group I am in, which they appointed one person to be checking on me twice a day and report back to the group. That really assisted me to answer the many questions from concerned friends and family. I also have a close friend who insisted on being there throughout,” she says.

But one thing Dr Wala says is she has been able to get her much-needed rest. Her days have been spent eating, drinking, sleeping, basking in the sun, reading, doing exercises such as yoga and watching movies.

On why she opted to share her daily experiences on her Facebook Page, Dr Wala says: “I was more worried about the impact to those around me rather than myself. I am used to blogging about my life, especially topics that society is reluctant to discuss such as relationships, sex and parenting among others. As a public health practitioner, I know the angle that the response we have had has taken a punitive approach to the virus. It is almost a crime to get Covid-19. What many ask is, what did you do wrong to get this virus? This has made many of us shy away from declaring our positive status. I felt I needed to speak up and demystify the disease. The benefits far outweighed the cons,” she says.

READ ALSO:   ‘Never date your friend’s ex!’ Burale warns Kenyan men

Dr Wala came out of isolation on Monday this week on her 12th day. “I am glad to see that the guidelines are being shortened to reduce the isolation period to when symptoms disappear and not necessarily when the test turns negative. Covid-19 is real and common now. Luckily many of us will get the mild symptoms. It is important to continue practicing the guidelines laid down for us to flatten the curve. Above all, let us break the stigma1 Stop criminalising the disease,” she says in conclusion.

When I broke the news to my children, they were scared that I was going to die. I reassured them that I had mild symptoms


• Dr Amakove Wala tested positive for Covid-19 on July 22.

• She opted for home-based care and went into isolation for 12 days when her symptoms dissapeared.

• She is thankful to her caregiver who nursed her, endured stigma and further took care of her children.


Continue Reading


I donated a third of my liver to my son



Baby Emmanuel Gathogo was born with a life-threatening condition, biliary atresia and required a transplant

On the Easter Monday of 2018, Damans Mbinya and her husband George Gathogo welcomed their second born child with so much excitement. Baby Emmanuel Gathogo was a bouncing baby boy weighing 3.4 kilogrammes. Damaris had an easy pregnancy, so nothing had prepared the couple for unending hospital visits that followed.

One week after birth, she noticed a yellow tinge on the baby’s eyes. At first, it did not bother her, but when the condition persisted, she took him to hospital. After several tests, they were reassured that it wasn’t anything to worry about. “The doctor advised we just sunbathe the baby and it would clear. We continued with check-ups and at almost three months when it had not cleared, we felt that something was not okay— the baby was also not putting on weight, and the jaundice had now deepened. We decided to seek a specialist in Nairobi. When she saw the baby, she recommended a Magnetic Resonance Cholangiopancreatography [MRCP] scan at Nairobi West hospital,” Damaris recalls.

The results showed an absent bile duct and an empty gallbladder. “We were immediately admitted at Gertrude’s Children Hospital, Muthaiga and booked for surgery. The doctor informed us that the earlier the surgery was done, the higher the chances of success, and it could only be done before the 100th day of life. Our baby was now on day 97, but we chose to give it a chance anyway,” Damaris adds.

READ ALSO:   ‘My addiction with strippers left me in debts worth millions,’ Robert Burale

After surgery he seemed to improve, but only for a short while. “Our joy was short- lived. The liver enzymes started to rise. By this time, he was now growing so weak, his bones were so fragile, especially after weaning him at six months,” says Damaris who also has two other children.

Baby Emmanuel was put on multivitamin supplementation, and drugs to aid in bile flow. Some of these drugs were so expensive and not available in Machakos where the family lived and had be to sourced from Nairobi.

Life threatening

“Geting a nanny was a challenge. This is because of my son’s delicate nature. Also he was irritable, cried a lot, had jaundice, which caused his body to itch and a rash that didn’t seem to go away despite applying all medications we thought of,” she says.

They learnt that their baby had been born with biliaryatresia, a condition in infants in which the bile ducts outside and inside the liver are scarred and blocked. This meant the liver enzyme numbers continued to rise and it was in one appointment visit that the doctor announced that the only treatment option left for him was a liver transplant.

This information was a shocker to the young parents. They have never heard of a liver transplant and were gripped with fear of the outcomes. Above that, the costs for the surgery were high, about Sh4.2 million and surgery could only be done abroad. But they did not want to lose their baby. The doctor had explained that time was of essence, otherwise the baby would not see the second birthday.

READ ALSO:   Robert Burale: I forgave driver who killed my brother

“We first approached the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF), but unfortunately, they would only pay Sh500,000. I prayed, fasted, visited a prayer mountain for the first time crying to God to change the doctor’s report. I thank God for Masii Christian Chapel in particular, Majesty Cell Group. We hosted all fellowships in my house and cried to God,” Damaris reveals.

Her husband’s friends and relatives organised a fundraising for the Sh3.7 deficit. “We further called for help through social platforms and the media, but still didn’t meet the target and had a deficit of almost Sh1.8million. Left with no other option, we sold off some property,” she recalls.

Financial burden

Damaris recalls how some people even advised against risking so much to save the child saying they would soon bear more kids. But as a family, their minds were made up. So together, they travelled to India mid last year.

In a 13-hour surgery at India Max hospital, Damaris gave 30 per cent of her liver to her son on June 25, 2019. Both the mother and son were then moved to intensive care unit where Damaris spent five days. Emmanuel, however stayed for 21 days and an additional week in the general ward. After being prescribed a year supply of anti- rejection medication, the family was ready to go home.

READ ALSO:   Burale is mourning the death of his sister

Emmanuel’s recovery has been smooth. However, getting his medication has been a challenge for the parents. Locally they could not get the drug, Cellcept in syrup form, and had to get it from India. Emmanuel, who is now aged two years and three months has to be on the immunosuppressant for life so that his body does not reject the new organ.

He also see a doctor at Kenyatta National Hospital on a monthly basis. The medication cost Sh20,000 per month including check-ups for his liver enzymes. The family is seeking support from well-wishers who would want to sponsor them through this journey as it has exhausted them financially. “The post transplant meds are too expensive for us and he will be on them for life,” she says.


Continue Reading

Powered by

Current Time in Alexandria
Fri, August 7


Like us on Facebook, stay informed


2020 Calendar



error: Content is protected !!