Connect with us


Lover’s dashed dreams and mystery last moments with Keroche heiress



Today, the Sunday Standard continues the story of a tragic romance between Omar Lali and Tecra Karanja which changed forever after her fall in a house.

By the time Keroche heiress Tecra Karanja and her lover Omar Lali got to Mombasa, the two were done with bus rides. Tecra called a close friend who sent her some money and the rest of the journey was completed by air.

Back home though, her family was not at peace and tried to reach Tecra, just to know if she was okay.

But when she wanted, Tecra could be stubborn. And single-minded. And could shut you out of her life and ghost you until she felt in a safe enough space to engage.

It was close to a month before she answered the phone calls from home that sought to know how she was doing.

Eventually, it was agreed that a close relative would fly down to Lamu to find out how life on the island was treating her. After that visit, a verdict would be reached.

Tecra was doing fine, and was showing no indications that she would leave the island, at least not any time soon. Tecra would later reconnect with her family, and crucially, got introduced, formally, to the man who had won her heart.

This sort of legitimisation of the relationship took a huge weight off their shoulders and soon, the two were thinking of a future. A family. And everything in between. But, again, there always looked to be one more huddle in their journey. This time, the hurdle proved insurmountable.

The first time the two talked of a life together, they were at the Holy Trinity Church in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The church, that is more like a cathedral is commonly referred to as Kidist Sellasie and represents most of the things that Ethiopians hold dear and sacred.

The church compound is the burial place for those who fought against the Italian occupation and those who accompanied the Emperor into exile from 1936 to 1941. The Emperor Haille Sellasie and his wife the Empress Menen Asfaw are buried to the North of the cathedral.

It is around this rich history that the two first joked about the idea of marriage, and without any ceremony or fanfare agreed to marry each other. Deep down though, Omar knew he had to make a proper proposal. So he bid his time. From Addis, they went to Tanzania, then to Zanzibar.

Marriage proposal

The next time they were in Kenya, he went down on bended knee and asked for Tecra’s hand in marriage – properly this time.

“She said yes,” he says.

The photo they took on that day captures the range of emotions running through both man and woman.

Omar goes down on his knee. He asks the question. Tecra moves back as if shocked by the question. Then says yes and jumps on Omar. All that they needed to settle on was a date. And they did.

May 30 looked promising. Only their closest friends would be invited. Plus, family. But before then, Tecra had to get immersed into the role of wife that she would play in coming months. So she started taking cooking lessons from Omar’s sister and mother. You’d find her, clad in a dera, head wrapped to cover her hair, making Friday biryani.

Then the two flew out to check the progress on the developing business in Naivasha – the rustic restaurant and campsite. But it is while they were there that Omar’s youngest daughter came to visit from the Netherlands.

“I flew back home to be with my child. A few days later she joined me,” he says.

Then the lockdown happened.

On March 25, the Kenyan airspace was shut down. A week later, movement into Nairobi by road was also stopped. Omar and Tecra found themselves locked on the island.

Now the rainy season in the sparsely populated Manda Island that the two had made a home in is far away from the bright pictures in tourism brochures. For islanders, rain comes with bugs. Snakes. Mosquitoes and rough tides. So the couple chose to move from Manda, to the more populated Shela, a decision arrived at on April 18.

A big part of the day was spent house hunting. “We looked at several houses but she didn’t like them,” Omar says.

Eventually, they made way to a Jaha House, a three storeyed, 4-bedroomed popular holiday rental. They both liked the house, so they settled on it, agreeing on a cost of around Sh9,000 a day, cheaper than the resorts they were living in before that would charge upwards of Sh20,000 a night.

Life settled into a routine over the next week. And soon, they had thoughts of having friends over to see what they were up to and scheduled a mixer for April 24. So they went shopping. Bought some alcohol, passion juice and madafu.

Then when they got home, on the evening of April 23, Tecra made soup for both of them.

READ ALSO:   Read the obituary of Tecra Muigai, the Keroche heiress

“But God had his own plans,” Omar says. “I never even got to drink the soup, the last meal she made for me,” Omar says.

On that night, there were sounds of laughter and joy from Jaha House.

“It was as if they were having the best of time,” a staff member we spoke to said. “It was as if they were reliving their best memories.”

A few hours later though, it went quiet, and then the frantic calls for help.

“There was some drinking,” Omar says. “So I blacked out. This was the first time since we knew each other that I went to sleep before her. I had always made a point of making sure she sleeps before I did.”

Omar says the next thing he heard was something fall down with a thud. Then a muffled scream. Just once. But loud enough to wake one up.

“I was startled. I went down stairs and found her on the staircase. We were alone. She wasn’t moving. I thought I lost her on the spot,” Omar says. “Then I started mouth to mouth.”

It was around a quarter past 5am.

The resuscitation helped and Tecra regained consciousness.

Minutes later, Quswai Lali was startled awake by a call from his elder brother Omar.

“He told me to rush to Jaha House and that there had been an emergency,” Quswai says. “She (Tecra) was trying to talk but words couldn’t come out.”

Tecra was in great pain and bleeding from the ear.

They needed more help.

So Omar called his brother-in-law Ali Bakari.

“He told me he needed help. I asked him what help he needed. He told me that Tecra had fallen down the stairs,” Ali Bakari said.

Ali Bakari, who works as a night rescue boat operator for the county government didn’t go alone. He called his friends Yahya and Ahmed Ali.

When he got to the scene, he says, he saw Omar propping Tecra up and asked if there were any chairs they could use. In a few minutes, the five men dashed out of the house, navigating around the narrow alleys of Shela in search of medical help.

Healthcare services in Shela mirror those in many other parts of rural Kenya. They are few and far from ideal. The nearest one to them was Shela Dispensary. They had to make a dash for it.

At around 5:45am, the dispensary received a call from Jaha House. There had been an emergency that required a house call. But the staff members on duty that night were caught between a rock and a hard place.  There was another ongoing emergency at the facility as well.

A pregnant mother was having a complicated delivery. So they told the occupants of Jaha House to try and bring their patient to the dispensary.

Some minutes to 6am, three gentlemen rushed into the dispensary. They were carrying a plastic chair. On it sat a woman. Hunched forward. It was Tecra.

Dispensary staff declined to speak to us and said they were under instruction to refer all queries to the King Fahd administrator’s office, which turned down our requests for interviews on what happened on that day.

However, witnesses we spoke to said that at the time she was being admitted, Tecra was in pain. And was a bit incoherent. She couldn’t keep calm and looked unsettled.

But the doctors who received her were in a dilemma. It proved quite challenging to communicate to either Tecra or Omar. The two were, again from witness accounts, drunk. So she was put under some dextrose to try and counter the effects of what health workers diagnosed as alcohol in her body.

This calmed her down. But the attending medical officers noticed something else. She was bleeding from her left ear. And it didn’t seem like there was much for them to do. They examined her to determine whether there could be any other sources of the pain but found none.

They then decided to refer her to King Fahd Referral Hospital.

But before she left, she talked to the medical staff present and, according to witnesses, called someone whom they say was her father.

Shela Dispensary isn’t unfamiliar to Omar. It is less than 100 metres from Omar’s house which is separated from his mother’s and brother’s by the narrowest of alleys. So when he called his brother and brother-in-law for help, they walked the few steps up a gentle slope to the health facility.

Jaha House, where the two spent their days, is less than 200 metres from the dispensary. On that day, everything happened within a 200 metres radius.

The trip to King Fahd Referral Hospital was by speed boat. They were there in less than two minutes. By this time, they were joined by one of Omar’s sisters, Fadhila. It was now 7am and after being received, Tecra was sent for a scan.

“We were told the results would be out in three hours,” Omar said.

As they waited for the results, Tecra looked like she was recovering. Medical records show that she woke up at least three times from her bed to use the washroom. “At 9am, I called her parents to let them know what was going on,” Omar says. “The doctor came it at 10am.”

READ ALSO:   Meet Tecra boyfriend's Laila Omar children

By midday, the scan results had not come in. Two hours later, still nothing. By this time, Omar says the doctors were not giving him enough information, and he says, he hardly understood what they were saying. So he made a call to Tecra’s mother.

“I thought she probably was with a doctor and could be able to interrogate what they were saying. But the doctors refused to talk to her,” he says.

Specialised treatment

It was now 4pm. The doctors at King Fahd were contemplating taking Tecra for more specialised treatment. To Mombasa. Via road. This is when Omar made another call to Tecra’s family. They needed to evacuate her.

At around 8pm an air rescue plane landed at Magogoni Airstrip located within the American base that had been attacked by Al Shabaab militants in early January. At around 11pm, the air ambulance touched down in Nairobi’s Wilson Airport.

From there, an ambulance transferred her to the Nairobi Hospital where she was quickly taken for another scan. “We got the results in a few minutes,” Omar says. “We were told that the results we got in King Fahd were different from what the Nairobi Hospital ones showed.”

He adds: “The doctor said that we let her heal naturally. At that time, I felt that everything was going to be okay. So we left the hospital.”

The trip from Lamu to Nairobi Hospital lasted just over an hour. During the entire time, as Tecra was put on oxygen and on monitors in the airborne hospital ward, Omar was with her. Hoping and willing her to live.

All those kilometres away, Tecra’s family too was concerned. By this time, there was a little bit of panic within them. Since morning, family member cellphones had been lighting up with updates from the King Fahd. From the first call that Omar made to Tecra’s parents to when they left for Nairobi. There was an air of anxiety over what was going on.

Omar’s explanation was sufficient at the time. After all, Tecra would wake up and let them all know what happened on that April night. But she didn’t, and the anxiety grew into something more. It grew into suspicion.

The days following Tecra’s hospitalisation were strange ones for Omar. After leaving the hospital that night, he retreated into her family home in Nairobi’s Runda Estate. The next day, he was chauffeured by a driver, who was well known to him, to the Nairobi Hospital to visit Tecra.

She was recovering. All indications were that she would pull through. But things would quickly take a dramatic turn.

A report at the Kilimani Police Station, OB No.87/27/4/2020 made by Tecra’s mother, Tabitha, detailed the events that led to her daughter’s hospitalisation – from the fall to the evacuation. The statement was in support of a murder charge that had been initiated by the Lamu West DCI office.

“Three days later, I called to ask whether I can go to the hospital to see Tecra but I was told that there was no need. The doctors had said she was getting better,” he says.

He later learnt that plans were being made to get him back to Lamu. He was required to send back a few personal items.

On May 1, Omar, a driver and an individual who was acting as a bodyguard left for Lamu by road.

By the time the travellers got to Mtito Andei, a town some 240 kilometres south east of Nairobi, Tecra’s mother called Omar.

“I could tell she was distressed. She asked me what I had done to her daughter,” he says. “It was all confusing, but we went on with the journey.”

The trio got to Mokowe, on Lamu’s mainland on Saturday May 2, took a boat to Shela where the two other gentlemen took Tecra’s belongings.

Omar went to see his mother in Shela. After the visit, he was arrested and taken to Lamu Central Police Station. The station is placed on one of the highest points of the island, and as Omar walked up the steep hill and into a cell, he didn’t know it would be close to a month before he descended that hill again a free man.

The two-day journey had got to him. He was tired, so he left his phone at the OB desk and went into the cell.

On May 3, he woke up and went to check on his phone. His mailbox was flooded with condolence messages and missed calls, many of them from his eldest daughter. So he called her back.

“She told me Tecra had died,” Omar says. “My heart sunk.”

A week after the death of Tecra, a team of investigators was dispatched from Nairobi. Lamu is set up in such a way that no matter how good a detective you are, you cannot sneak ashore. The boat captains will tell each other about you and before you check into your hotel, almost all the villages will know of your presence, and most importantly of your mission.

READ ALSO:   DPP drops murder charges against Omar Lali

This was no different for the eight officers from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations that landed at Manda Island, and then proceeded, by speed boat, to Shela village. The men spent the next five days asking questions, visiting different scenes and trying to piece together events on the night of April 23.

By the time they left, even village elders knew that the team of eight was split right in the middle. Four were acting for the state. Four were on the island at the request of Tecra’ family to possibly dig up the truth and bring some sort of closure.

Closure though, for all involved seemed distant.

The trial of Omar for murder began on July 16 the way his lover’s life ended.  In uncertainty. Weeks after being granted bail by a Lamu court, Omar was taken to a Garsen court staring at a murder charge.

Two days before he was taken to court, the office of the Director of Public Prosecution in Lamu received what looked like new evidence in the case that, in their own words ‘was sufficient to prefer a murder’ charge on the 51-year-old.  That was on Friday of July 10.

No charge

There had been no charge yet. Just investigations. There were of foul play in Tecra’s death.  But nothing more than that. After spending weeks in remand while investigations went on, Omar remained certain that a murder charge was not on the cards.

Court proceedings were supposed to start at 10am. At 2pm, it still hadn’t started. Then, in the sweltering heat of Garsen Law courts, where the case had been moved to from Lamu law courts where he had been charged initially, the magistrate walked in at around 3:30pm and started the proceedings.

It seems it was too early to determine whether there was a murder case. And in a complete turn of events, public prosecutor Eddie Kadebe announced to the courts that his office had opted to take another direction.

“The other side was represented by lawyers James Orengo and others but they are not here. We will first withdraw the murder charges and take the direction of an inquest,” said Kadebe.

Omar collapsed in a heap, thinking that perhaps vindication was coming his way since barely two days earlier, the same court had allowed Kadebe to prefer murder charges against Omar after months of investigations, saying detectives had gathered enough evidence to charge him with Tecra’s murder.

Kadebe had earlier said the toxicological evidence, postmortem reports, phone records including documentary exhibits and witness statements proved that Omar was behind the murder of Tecra.

Even as the case was sent for an inquest, crucial elements could still not be agreed upon.

First, an investigations report by the Lamu West Directorate of Criminal Investigations paint Omar with a different shade of paint.

“Investigations reveal that during the 10-month relationship between the two, Omar exhibited weird personal traits of aggressiveness, possessiveness and was jealous. He physically engaged in fights and confrontations with any person whom he suspected or thought was a threat by coming into social contact with the deceased,” the report reads.

It mentions one particular incident when Omar physically fought a reveler at a bar in Lamu.

Omar says that the reveler had touched Tecra inappropriately. Some witnesses who spoke to the authorities also said that Omar kept Tecra away from some of her friends.

He says that the only friends he kept off Tecra were those who were introducing ‘bad habits’ to her.

An autopsy report, which ought to have provided some definitive information remains divisive to date. The postmortem conducted on May 12, 2020, indicated the deceased succumbed to head injuries occasioned by blunt trauma.

The pathologists from both Omar’s side and Tecra’s family could not rule out the fact that the trauma could have been caused by Omar’s hand. Neither could they rule out the fact that it could have been caused by a fall. At the end, Tecra’s death could either be a near perfect crime, or an unfortunate incident.

Eventually, the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions dismissed the murder charges. There wasn’t enough evidence to sustain it.

His freedom though is far from assured. Once in a while he gets strange calls to his phone.

“People call to tell me they will come for my head,” he says. “Amid these are people who know me very well because sometimes they even tell me where I am and what I am doing.”

He says he remains unafraid. Unafraid of death as he was unafraid of love.


Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Things get thick in Thika: Missing millionaire was heavily indebted



The missing Thika businessman Julius Gitau was heavily indebted and going through a marital problem when he mysteriously disappeared, the Nation has learnt.

With creditors breathing down his neck, auctioneers knocking on his doors and a marriage on the rocks, the trader rushed to his mother on September 20 for emotional support when everything around him seemed to be falling apart.

The Covid-19 pandemic had affected his businesses as sales had dipped by over 70 per cent due to the tough restrictions aimed at containing the spread of the virus.

At home, things were also getting out of control due to bad blood between his first love Lucy Wahu and her co-wives, Rachel Muthoni and Celina Nelly.

“Gitau told me that he was having problems with his suppliers. Five firms had even started sending auctioneers to his two general merchandise shops in Thika town, an issue that had embarrassed him. My son was going through mental torture,” Ms Rosemary Wanjiru, 68, told the Nation at her Kaharati home in Murang’a yesterday.

Some of the suppliers had even repossessed their stock and pressure was mounting on him to pay up or face legal action.

“Proud and stubborn, my son hates any form of embarrassment and has a very dry sense of humour, that’s why those public tiffs with creditors were taking a toll on his mental health,” said Ms Wanjiru.

READ ALSO:   'Release my brother!' Omar Lali's kin begs for his freedom after Tecra Muigai's burial

Gitau then left his mother’s home at midnight, promising to call in the morning, but her maternal instincts kept her awake throughout.

“His confessions troubled me. I thought of selling part of our family land so Gitau could settle some of his most pressing debts. I called him at around 7.30am and we spoke for a few minutes. I cannot tell whether he was in his second or first wife’s home, or elsewhere. I wish I had asked him because this would have given us a starting point in this long and anxious search for him,” she said.

Suicide note

Earlier, Gitau had taken his second wife Muthoni to Nakuru to inspect one of his farms.

“He showed Muthoni a piece of land he had bought for her. He later visited his third wife, Nelly, in Ithanga village. I tried to convince him to spend the night with us but he refused as he wanted to brief her on her properties, before heading back to Maporomoko Estate in Thika to Wahu,” said Ms Wanjiru.

“He shared briefly that Wahu was giving him problems owing to the family wealth share ratio but I told him to use dialogue and compromises to settle the matter,” she added.

The following day, Wahu and her nephew, Geoffrey Wachira, reported to police at around 4pm that the trader was missing and had left behind a suicide note that indicated he had lost hope in life. They gave Gitau’s age as 60, yet he is 44 years.

READ ALSO:   Tecra Muigai: Court to rule on suspect’s bond

Wahu said she was with Gitau in one of the Thika shops at around 9.30am when he allegedly left for the gym in an old truck that he later abandoned near Blue Post Hotel at around 10am.

Detectives have since dismissed this narrative, with Thika Businessmen Community chairman Alfred Wanyoike terming it “a silly fabrication”.

Police claimed Gitau never authored the suicide note while business associates alleged the trader did not show up in Thika town that morning.

“Please get my son before I die of anxiety… each day that passes without knowing the whereabouts of my son drives me closer to the grave. I remain hopeful he is alive somewhere,” Ms Wanjiru told the Nation.


Continue Reading


End our anxiety, families of missing Lamu men tell State



Lamu families whose kinsmen disappeared mysteriously are questioning the government’s continued silence on the matter.

The families had hoped the year 2020 would bring to an end all the emotional turmoil they have undergone while wondering whether their relatives are alive or dead. The year is now almost over and there are no signs of their loved ones coming back.

More than 10 families in the region have, for several years, been in the dark concerning the whereabouts of their brothers and uncles who vanished under unclear circumstances, some in the hands of security agencies.

Families, relatives and friends of the victims interviewed by Nation.Africa acknowledged finding it hard to cope with the unanswered questions.

Most of the victims have been missing for as long as eight years.

An example is the family of Makka Mzee living at Mkunumbi in Lamu West.

Mr Mzee, a teacher by profession, has undergone tough times since his son, Imrana Said Makka, 29, went missing on March 31, 2015.

Mr Imrana Said Makka, 29, who went missing since March 31, 2015.

Kalume Kazungu | Nation Media Group

Imrana was abducted by three men who identified themselves as anti-terror officers in Malindi town on that fateful day, never to be found or heard of again.

It is now six years since his mysterious disappearance.

Imrana’s sister Sada Said Makka told the Nation that they have not heard any news concerning his brother who left behind three children.

READ ALSO:   Suspect in death of Keroche heiress faults investigators

“Despite our efforts to visit various police stations in Lamu, Malindi and Mombasa for enquiries, nothing has materialised. We’re yet to get any news on Imrana’s whereabouts.

We’re very much unhappy with the way the government has been silent on the matter despite the numerous reports we filed,” said Ms Sada.

The situation is similar in Kwasasi Village in Hindi, Lamu West, where the family of 42-year-old Ali Bunu is yet to come to terms with his mysterious disappearance five years ago.

The father of nine and who owned an estate in Kwasasi Village was said to have been picked up at his farm by unknown people in State-owned police and military vehicles on the night of April 8, 2016.

Mr Ali Bunu, 42, who went missing in April 2016.

Kalume Kazungu | Nation Media Group

During the incident, Mr Bunu’s house and livestock were torched by the ”officers” before he was whisked away with his four workers and a nephew to an unknown destination on that night.

All except Bunu were the next day dumped in the bush near the Bar’goni military camp from where they found their way back home.

Relatives of Mr Bunu believe the State is better placed to answer their questions since the vehicles that picked up their kin bore government number plates.

“My brother’s children are suffering. Their education has been very stressful. Even processing their ID cards has been a problem, all because their father is absent. The piece of land that our brother owns at Kwasasi in Hindi has partially been grabbed since the owner is not around. The government should help us find our brother so that we can be at peace as a family,” said Mrs Hafswa Bunu, a sister.

READ ALSO:   'Release my brother!' Omar Lali's kin begs for his freedom after Tecra Muigai's burial

In Witu town, another family is in agony over the disappearance of 32-year-old Mohamed Abdalla Ali.

Mr Mohamed Abdalla Ali, 32, a resident of Witu in Lamu West who went missing on June 14, 2018.

Kalume Kazungu | Nation Media Group

Mr Ali went missing on the night of June 14, 2018.

He had accompanied his friends to watch a Fifa World Cup tournament in one of the hotels in Witu.

The last born in a family of five had completed his Form Four at Witu Secondary and was yet to join college.

His father Abdalla Basalama is a retired Administration Police Senior Sergeant.

Ali’s eldest sister Amina Abdalla says that for all that time, they have searched for Ali without success.

“We’ve visited all police stations but we haven’t traced Ali. We’re appealing to the police and any other security agencies to help my family track down the whereabouts of Ali whether alive or dead,” said Ms Amina.

The family of 43-year-old Mohamed Avukame Haroun is also yet to come to terms with his mysterious disappearance on August 23, 2017.

Mr Mohamed, a Malindi-based businessman who also deals in property management and land, was taken away by men in a black vehicle (a Toyota Prado) to an unknown destination.

READ ALSO:   Tecra Muigai: Court to rule on suspect’s bond

His elder brother, Bwanaheri Avukame Haroun, says the father of two was bundled into the car by two armed men who accosted him within Mombasa High Court precincts.

Mr Mohamed Avukame Haroun, 43, who went missing on August 23, 2017.

Kalume Kazungu | Nation Media Group

Mr Bwanaheri insists that those who took away his brother are police officers since they had handcuffs and were armed with guns.

“His phone has been off since then. The State is aware of the whereabouts of my brother. Let the government assist us in tracing the whereabouts of my brother. His family is suffering,” said Mr Bwanaheri.

At Mpeketoni in Lamu West, the family of 35-year-old Osman Abdi is also in the dark after the man went missing just days after the June 15, 2014, Mpeketoni attacks.

Mr Abdi, a milk vendor, is said to have been arrested by police.

In a recent interview with the Nation, Lamu County Commissioner Irungu Macharia asked families whose kinsmen had disappeared to come out and record statements with police and his office for action.

“These people might have crossed into Somalia. So there is a need for families to come out and report such cases to authorities for action,” said Mr Macharia.

In 2018, Haki Africa Organisation listed Lamu as among leading counties in the Coast region with many cases of mysteriously missing persons.

Various activists and religious leaders in the county and across the Coast region have on various occasions pleaded with the State to help the affected families find them.

by nationafrica

Continue Reading


Nairobi woman hopes to give birth, leave bedsitter 4 years after husband kicked her out



Gasherry Bendito has always been on the move. Her life revolves around thinking of the next step.

Nairobi woman hopes to give birth, leave bedsitter 4 years after husband kicked her out

Gasherry and her mother. Photo: Gasherry Bendito
Source: Facebook

As she plots about her next move, the beauty gets caught up in wishful thinking and dreaming of a more permanent way to live.

Four years ago, the struggling woman was kicked out of her marital home by the man she gave her heart and soul to.

When married, Gasherry could not bear children and that drove her partner insane. So, he saw it fit to get rid of her.

That meant she had to recalibrate and start from square A. This squeezed her between a rock and a hard place.

In just four years, the lady’s life proved to be a living hell as she struggled to find a decent job and a place to lay her head.

Nairobi woman hopes to give birth, leave bedsitter 4 years after husband kicked her out

The lady’s tiny room. Photo: Gasherry Bendito
Source: Facebook

“From losing my job, to being thrown out, to becoming a domestic worker, to being hosted by a colleague, and finally living in a hostel,” she narrated in a Facebook post sighted by

All along, Gasherry held onto unused baby clothes she had bought in the past as she waited for the fruit of the womb.

READ ALSO:   Tecra Muigai: Court to rule on suspect’s bond

While crushing at her tiny bedsitter sufficiently decorated with a small bed, the hopeful woman still believed that one day she will get to hold her own bundle of joy.

Nairobi woman hopes to give birth, leave bedsitter 4 years after husband kicked her out

Gasherry could not have kids and that irked her estranged husband. Photo: Gasherry Bendito
Source: Facebook

The netizen told social media users she has been unable to get rid of the infant clothes because at the back of her mind, motherhood is her biggest goal in life.

“I have this bag full of baby clothes from 2014 when I was getting ready to have a baby. Almost seven years down the line and I am still holding on to it. I move with it everywhere I go,” she added.

Nairobi woman hopes to give birth, leave bedsitter 4 years after husband kicked her out

She has stored baby clothes for seven years. Photo: Gasherry Bendito
Source: Facebook

In other related news, a woman left many in tears after disclosing the pain she has been through for lack of children in her marriage.

The lady, identified as Margaret Wanjiru, opened up about her torturous 25 years journey on Monday, April 27.

Speaking to Kikuyu Diaspora TV, Wanjiru revealed life was not easy for her even in the first years of her marriage.

According to her, she married the love of her life in 1993 after two years of dating and after a few years in marriage without a child, her mother-in-law started insulting and mistreating her.

“I met the love of my life and after dating for two years, we moved in together in 1993 and this is when things started going south. At home, everyone was on our case since we did not have a child. Fights from my mother-in-law became intense. There is no pain like being married and you have money but no child,” she said.

by Tuko

Continue Reading


Like us on Facebook, stay informed


2020 Calendar

September 2020


error: Content is protected !!