Connect with us

News

Kenyan priest accused of spreading COVID-19 knowingly freed 

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

The Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Noordin Haji has dropped charges against a Catholic priest from Siaya County, Richard Oduor, who was accused of knowingly spreading the COVID-19 virus.

In the application to withdraw the case, DPP Haji told the court that the police failed to produce witnesses in the trial, thus frustrating the court proceedings.

Upon the request by the DPP, the case was withdrawn under section 87(a) of the Criminal Procedure Code.

The section permits the prosecutor to apply before the court seized of the case to withdraw charges facing an accused person at any time before a final judgment is delivered.

The Rome-based priest was arrested in April after he was discharged from the Kenyatta National Hospital, where he was quarantined upon testing positive for the novel coronavirus.

Father Oduor was later arraigned and freed on a Sh150,000 cash bail or Sh500, 000 bond after he pleaded not guilty to the charge of knowingly spreading a virus in the country.

He was accused of failing to self-quarantine after jetting into the country from Rome on March 11 this year.

On arriving in the country, Oduor is reported to have spend a day in Nairobi and then left for his home in Ambira, Siaya County, where he presided over mass at a relative’s funeral.

He traveled back to Nairobi, where he exhibited the Covid-19 symptoms and turned positive upon being tested.

He was released and ordered by Magistrate Martha Nanzushi to self-quarantine for 14 days at Assisi House on Adams Arcade, Nairobi.

However, his lawyer at the time objected to the 14 day quarantine period, saying that his client had tested negative for the virus.

But the Senior Magistrate maintained her rule, arguing that the accused didn’t know the meaning of self-quarantine hence his arraignment.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

PHOTOS:Maureen Waititu throws son lavish party to mark 5th birthday

Published

on

Alot has been said about Maureen Waititu and ex, Frankie Just Gym It who doubles up as her baby daddy and ex fiance. The former couple has been giving fans and bloggers a good reason to continue snooping into their personal life as they like to parade it on social media.

However, what we can say is that they both had been drowning in a toxic relationship for a while; and this can be seen in the blame game that they continue to play in front of their followers. On Tuesday, 2o October Frankie Just Gymit shared a special message dedicated to his son as he celebrated his 5th birthday; but what caught our attention is the part he revealed that his ex has denied hi access to his boys. He wrote;

Since I have no access to you, I’ll pass these words on and hope they find you. Be true to yourself always. Live your own dreams. Don’t take life so seriously. And, last but certainly not least, Know that I love you and will always be there for you. No matter what, I’ve got your back. You are my son and always will be. Happy Birthday Lexi.

Maureen shares birthday photos

Maureen on the other hand has however chosen to maintain her silence; but this does not mean she will not be posting anything. As seen on her latest post, the mother of two has gone ahead to share a few photos showing how lit her baby’s birthday was.

Lexi turns 5

Judging from the set up, we can agree that indeed the single mum went all out for her baby boy; but as much as she has issues with her ex lover, she should have let the baby daddy celebrate with her son. No?

Maureen Waititu celebrates son’s birthday in style

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGnH7tTg-ZR/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

By Ghafla.com

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Official video of Kenyan MPs participating in ‘Jerusalema Challenge’ released

Published

on

The awaited video of Kenyan politicians dancing to the ‘Jerusalama’ hit song has finally been uploaded on their Kenya’s National Assembly YouTube.

This comes just a few weeks after Suba North MP Millie Odhiambo proposed this motion in parliament; hoping to be the first parliament in the world to take part in the challenge. And for a minute many assumed that this could not work; until the video finally surfaced on online on Wednesday, 21 October.

Probably because this challenge had already been exhausted by many judging from the many videos of the challenge circulating on social media.

Kenyan politicians participate in Jerusalema video

Anyway, whether you like it or not, Kenyan politicians have gone ahead to release a new video; showing off their dance moves in their ‘Jerusalama challenge.‘ In a video shared less than 2 hours ago, the many politicians are seen grooving to the South African hit song….. and we love it!

By Ghafla.com

Continue Reading

News

Governor Kingi tell off DP Ruto over hustler movement

Published

on

BY KEVIN KOECH

Kilifi Governor Amason Kingi has torn into wheelbarrow initiatives by Deputy President William Ruto terming it a political gimmick that has no benefit to Kenyans.

While addressing Kilifi residents during this year’s Mashujaa Day celebrations at Pwani University grounds the governor said Kenyans will only be freed from poverty, tribalism, and unemployment through the Building Bridges Initiative (BBI).

“The same that are opposing the BBI are the ones going out to give out wheelbarrows as handouts. So they are blocking you from getting the benefits of the BBI and think that they can blindfold you with wheelbarrows,” he said.

Kingi who was in the company of Kilifi County Commissioner Kutswa Olaka said that the BBI report has outlined various interventions including increasing money to counties from the current 15 per cent they are receiving, a situation he said will improve the lives of the residents in counties.

“We have been pushing for the increase of funds to counties from the current 15 per cent and that has been addressed in the BBI report. But it baffles me that someone would go to an extent of opposing the document with all these interventions and then the only thing he gives is wheelbarrows. This is unfair and such people should be ignored,” the governor added.

Kingi downplayed the hustler narrative saying that the DP is far away richer than the people he wants to lie to always.

“If you are hustler like him, then show me your chopper, your luxury houses not one and the luxury cars you own and then we shall know that you are like him. Other than that, then you are cheating yourself away,” he said.

He called on President Uhuru Kenyatta and opposition leader Raila Odinga to immediately release the contents of the BBI report to Kenyans so that the speculative agenda by the Tangatanga team can be silenced.

“If we continue to withhold the report, the prophets of doom will continue to speculate and continue to lie to Kenyans about its contents, I am asking the President and Mr Odinga to release the report,” he added.

Kingi also promised to help deliver and explain the BBI document to his residents, insisting that he will lead in ensuring that Kilifi gets to know the importance of what is contained in the document.

“I will move out as a Governor in 2022 and another person will come in but if BBI is not addressed then the challenges that are there will still exist. I will be in my most pains when after retirement, the only thing I will see in Kilifi is wheelbarrows. That is not what we want as Kilifi residents,” he said.

Continue Reading


poapay3

Like us on Facebook, stay informed

NEWS TRENDING RIGHT NOW

2020 Calendar

October 2020
M T W T F S S
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031  
satellite-communication1.jpg

Trending

error: Content is protected !!