Connect with us


NYS storekeeper questioned about the source of  Ksh200M fortune



By Judith Gicobi

On Friday, a storekeeper at the National Youth Service (NYS) Gilgil branch was questioned about how he came to own three high-end cars and a home in Ruiru, all for Ksh200 million.

Motor vehicle registration numbers KBD OOI Lexus Hybrid, KCW 001 Range Rover Sport, and KCD 001 Toyota Prado were brought up against David Mbogo Muthee, a 16-year employee of NYS Gilgil.

Mbogo informed the trial magistrate Eunice Kagure Nyutu that he accumulated his riches through legitimate companies when appearing before the Milimani Law Courts.

Former NYS Principal Secretary (PS) Lilian Omollo and 30 others have rejected corruption allegations linked to the Ksh226.9 million NYS scandal, and Mbogo was testifying in the case.

During a contentious cross-examination by the accused’s defense attorney, Mbogo said in court that as the storekeeper at the NYS, he had never been into contact with LPOs or account paperwork.

He informed the anti-corruption court that on May 23, 2018, he received a call from DCI headquarters’ Mula, asking him to record a statement in connection with LPO book series 2581851 to 2581900.

Mbogo informed the court that on April 5, 2016, OC MTB NYS one Evans Kundu summoned him to the accountant’s office at the NYS institution in Gilgil, where one Kagiri worked, to pick up a paper for him.

“On April 6, 2016, I passed by Kagiri’s office who confirmed to me that he had been requested by Kundu for an LPO and that the commandant had authorised for the issuance of the same,” Mbogo said.

Kagiri documented the issuance of the stated LPO in the counterfoil receipt book register (CRB) and specified who to be issued, according to Mbogo, who signed on Kundu’s behalf and traveled to Nairobi.

“Upon arrival at the NYS headquarters, I met Kundu in his office where I gave him the book which was sealed by Kagiri and proceeded to see my family,” Mbogo said.



‘DJ Brownskin shared clip of dying wife with girlfriend living abroad, who snitched on him’ – DCI



The Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) has discovered that DJ Brownskin, also known as Michael Macharia Njiiri, sent his girlfriend who lives overseas the video of his dying wife as soon as she passed away.

After his detention, the girlfriend allegedly made a statement, giving the video to a local blogger who then made it public. According to the DCI.

“Detectives have since established that after recording the ordeal, the suspect sent the video to his other girlfriend living abroad before the girlfriend went public with the information through the blogger,” DCI said.

In a recording that was made public on April 1 by a well-known blogger, nine months after the wife Sharon Njeri was buried, DJ Brownskin watched as she carelessly poured poison into a cup and drank it.

She then sat down on a couch and dialed her two kids to tell them she was about to die. The two children’s mother fell and passed away shortly after. On August 6, 2023, she was laid to rest in her parents’ house in Koimbe Weithaga village, Murang’a County.

The DCI claims that Brownskin has been on the run ever since he refused to comply with a police summons to give a statement on the death of his wife.

His capture was made on Thursday night by detectives working out of Kasarani police station.

“The DJ had been summoned by detectives to shed more light into the death of his wife Sharon Njeri, 33, who ingested poison as he recorded on a device on the night of July 29 and 30, last year,” DCI stated.

“Efforts to summon the suspect to shed more light into the incident proved futile, as he remained elusive prompting detectives to launch a manhunt leading to his arrest on Madaraka Day, moments past midnight. The suspect is currently being held at Kasarani police as detectives gather more information from witnesses, to build a strong case against the suspect.”

He will be charged with the offence of aiding suicide and failing to prevent the same contrary to Section 225 (C) of the Penal Code.

Continue Reading


Waititu fails to appear in court over reports he collapsed at home



By Wanja Waweru

Former Kiambu Governor Ferdinand Waititu fell on Sunday at his house and was taken to the hospital, according to information provided to a Nairobi court.

Waititu was admitted to the hospital, and lawyer John Swaka informed Magistrate Thomas Nzioki that Waititu could not be present in court for his hearing.

“We are not ready to proceed… I was informed that he collapsed yesterday and was rushed to Aga Khan where he is admitted,” Swaka said.

Swaka added that Susan Wangari, Waititu’s wife, was with him in the hospital and was unable to travel to court.

“Therefore, we will not be able to proceed with the hearing today,” he said.

The magistrate said that no medical records had been given to him.

Swaka claimed to have learned the details this morning, but he would make the records available as soon as possible.

The case was continued for tomorrow, when Swaka is anticipated to provide the medical records proving his client’s hospitalization.

Continue Reading


Kabete police investigate mysterious death of 39-year-old man



By Wanja Waweru

Police in the Nairobi region’s Kabete, Dagoretti sub-county, have started an inquiry into the unsolved death of a 39-year-old man.

According to a police record that this reporter was able to see, Mr. David Kaime Ngamau vomited before passing away while his friends and family hurried to the hospital.

“It was reported by one Thomas Gachuru Nganda, a resident of Matini that at about 1100 hours today, he learnt that his nephew David Kaime Ngamau aged 39 years was unwell as he had vomited and was unresponsive in his house,” the police report reads in part.

Mr. Nganda then hurried to the home and requested help from the neighbors to rush Mr. Ngamau to a local hospital, which was later identified as St. Theresa Hospital in Kikuyu, Kiambu County, where he was pronounced dead.

Officers from the station arrived at the scene quickly and performed crucial tasks, including taking pictures of the deceased’s home to record it.

In preparation for an autopsy, the deceased’s body is being held in the Kikuyu Pentecostal Church of Eastern Africa (PCEA) morgue.

People are increasingly dying in odd ways, according to reports in the city.

Continue Reading