If you are having health issues that hamper your ability to have sex, you need to see a doctor. If you are in Kenya and need peronalised check up in the comfort of your house, Checkupmeds.com will come to you.
Beyond individual benefits for you and your partner, regular sex supports a healthy relationship in a number of ways. For instance, the oxytocin released during sex enhances a sense of bonding and improves emotional intimacy.
Sex in a monogamous relationship increases your level of commitment and emotional connection with the other person. Expressing love through sex increases the likelihood of couples staying together. As a result, sex is positively associated with a lower divorce rate. WATCH:
There are many emotional and psychological benefits of making love. Sex is strongly linked to a better quality of life. Some of these benefits include:
- Better self-image: Sex can boost self-esteem and reduce feelings of insecurity, leading to more positive perceptions of ourselves.
- Higher rates of happiness: According to a 2015 study conducted in China, more consensual sex and better quality sex increases happiness.4
- More bonding: Brain chemicals are released during sex, including endorphins, which decrease irritability and feelings of depression. Another hormone, oxytocin (the “hug drug”) increases with nipple stimulation and other sexual activity.5 Oxytocin helps foster a sense of calmness and contentment.
- Relief from stress: Chronic stress may contribute to lower sex frequency. However, sex can be an effective stress management technique. Sex reduces stress response hormones, like cortisol and adrenaline (epinephrine), with effects lasting well into the next day.1
- Improved sleep quality: Orgasms trigger the release of the hormone prolactin, which aids in sleep.