Connect with us

News

Pupil dies by suicide after mother stops her from boiling water using gas cooker

Published

on

By Wanja Waweru

On Wednesday, a student died by suicide after a family dispute in Kirinyaga County’s Ndiambo hamlet.

The Standard Seven student was d

iscovered with a rope around her neck and dangling from the family home’s roof.

Family members claim that the victim was upset because her mother forbade her from using a gas cooker to boil water.

The 12-year-old girl then turned to suicide.

The victim’s younger brother was the one who found the body and informed the family.

The girl’s grandmother said: ” I was shocked when I learnt of the death.”

She expressed sadness that the young person’s life had been lost due to a problem that may have been rectified.

The events still have the locals in a state of shock.

” We are yet to know why the school girl committed suicide,” one of the residents said.

The body was transferred to the mortuary at Mwea Mission Hospital, according to Mwea-East Police Commander Daniel Kitavi.

He added: ” We have been told that the girl committed suicide after she differed with her mother over domestic issues, but we are yet to establish the truth of the matter.”

READ ALSO  How I Got M-pesa Foundation Scholarship To Study In The USA--Interview With Teshy
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

AMG Realtors will deliver your Title Deeds anywhere in the world

You can easily own one of these

Like us on FB

Copyright © 2022 Kenya Satellite News Network. All Rights Reserved.